Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hopeful My Stitching Mojo is Back - Dog/Cat Sitting - Again

The only thing I've stitched on since Mom passed the end of June was the start of a Britty Kitty for a breast cancer quilt. It was due August 1st. I did email and tell them it would be late. I'm sure they've given up on me, but I will get it finished and sent. I got cat stitched, then boom - I just haven't been able to stitch at all. Instead I have been doing a LOT of reading, which I don't do when I'm doing a lot of cross stitch. My eyes will only focus for so long.  I'm hoping at some point to get some stitching done while dog-sitting.

Today was the last 100+ degree day, for a bit at least, and made the 68th day 100+ this summer. This is just 1 day less than the all time record of 69 in. However, when one compares the mean day and night temps between 1980 and 2011, because our night time lows have been 2 or 3 or more degrees higher than in 1980, actually 2011 is already the hottest summer on record. Hopefully, the only importance this has is that 2011 remains the hottest summer on record forever!

I'M THINKING .....
 

1 comment:

Overnight House Sitting said...

Thank you for your great work and… this Blog is a really pleasant surprise! Keep up the good work!

Overnight House Sitting

Photobucket