Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

IT'S SNOWING IN NORTH TEXAS

We're going to have a WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!  The first we've had ... since before I was even born - a LONG time ago!! Of course that puts Christmas Eve plans perhaps on hold, but Christmas Day should be okay with temps in the 40's. I deliberately waited until it started snowing to do some last minute shopping, then took myself on a 20 minute drive in blowing snow. Love it!!  And since it was 75 just yesterday, the roads will be fine tomorrow.  ADDENDUM: The last White Christmas in Fort Worth was in 1926!! To give you a frame of reference, my elderly mother was a 2-year-old toddler at the time - but remembers it vividly!

2 comments:

Daffycat said...

I'm in Oklahoma and it's been sleeting/snowing all day. I think we are stuck at home for Christmas as all the highways are closed! Enjoy the white Chrismas!

LindaMc said...

You got hit a LOT harder than we did. For most of us this is a wonderful Christmas surprise with few serious consequences. Stay warm, Daffycat!!

Photobucket